Thursday, April 24, 2014

The best phone in the World!

The other day I was reading an article I found online from the New York Times talking about how the iPhone 5s is leaps and bounds above the new Galaxy S5 (5s, S5...that made me laugh), and that the 5s is the best phone in the World. Although I wouldn't say that the Galaxy S5 is the best phone out there, I couldn't disagree with this article any more. In my personal opinion, iOS is still lagging far behind Android in terms of software, and even Android phones made a couple years ago beat out the iPhone. Of course this is just my opinion. However, this got me thinking, is there a "Best Phone in the World"?

(The Samsung Galaxy Zoom. Yes, this is actually a phone)
Ask any friend with a smartphone and they will tell you how amazing their phone is. Why else would they have signed a 2 year contract for a discount on purchasing it, or spent the money to buy it at full price? Now, you could argue that they bought it because of a blind brand loyalty, and for some people that's very true. But not everyone walks into their local carriers store and plops down close to $200 on the newest model of their device without looking at other options. They want to find a device that will fit them and their day to day lives. What is most important part of the phone? The camera? User interface? Screen quality? Every person has different points of interest for the phone they want to buy. 

Finding a phone for you is strangely like finding a wife (or husband). Everyone knows that there is no such thing as the perfect woman; just the perfect woman for you. I believe that this also stands true that there is not such thing as the best phone in the world; just the best phone for you.
What is YOUR perfect phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment