Sunday, April 20, 2014

Oppo's Find 7a won me over.

(Yes, the notification light is along the bottom of the phone, too cool)
I talked before about two little known manufacturers (Oppo and OnePlus) and how their upcoming smart phones really got my attention. Putting top notch specs in a phone that is very extremely well made and giving it an unlocked price of $499 was too good to pass up. Yes, $499 is a lot to pay for a phone, but take a minute to look up the unlocked prices (not subsidized by a carriers two year contract) of a brand new iPhone 5s or Galaxy Note 3 and you'll see its about $150 dollars cheaper. What really made me pull the trigger were the 'gifts' that Oppo is throwing in to people that pre-ordered their phone. An extra battery, a flip view cover, and a 32GB micro SD card are all included in that price. To buy those separately would have been close to $100. Their 13MP camera also really caught my eye, especially since it has the ability to take 50MP photos. Yes, you did not read that wrong, 50MP! It does this by using a pretty neat software trick. It takes 10 rapid shots, picks the best four, and then combines them into one clearer 50MP image. The results are actually very good, I will definitely post some samples once the phone arrives. Until then, I have to be patient while I look at all the photos and video reviews the Internet has to offer...*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment