Friday, April 4, 2014

Dangers of Craigslist and the joy that is Google.

When I first set out to start this blog, I knew that I wanted to have an iphone and a windows phone so that I can write about/review the three major OS's. In doing so, I went out in search of a in-expensive Windows 8 phone and iphone. Craigslist came through in the Windows phone department. Was able to meet up with a guy that sold me his old Lumia 521 for cheap.

When I first powered it on the battery was dead, so I left it on the charger for a few hours. When I came back, much to my dismay, a blue screen was there to great me. Fantastic! Dread set in as
I started to fear that I just spent money on a brick of a phone (not to mention fear of my wife's wrath of wasting money on a broken product).

Then, the big G came to save me. A quick Google search led me to a way of resetting the phone without turning it all the way on. If any of you have a similar problem with a Windows phone, try the method below before getting to worried (I should mention that doing this will factory reset your phone, so be careful):

With the phone turned off, press Power key to turn ON the phone, then immediately press and hold Volume Down key.

  • An “!” mark will appear on the display.
  • Press the following keys in this order:
    1. Volume Up
    2. Volume Down
    3. Power Key
    4. Volume Down

No comments:

Post a Comment