Sunday, April 13, 2014

A great experience with a mobile carriers customer service? You bet!

At the end of last week on Friday, I decided that I wanted to contact T-Mobile and request an unlock code for my device. For those that don't know, when you purchase a new phone from any carrier (T-Mobile, AT&T, etc), that phone is 'Locked' so that it can only be used on that particular network provider. When the phone is 'Unlocked', you can put any carrier SIM card in it and as long as the phone has the required frequency bands that your provider needs, it should work flawlessly. Anyone can contact costumer support for their network and request an unlock code, however there are certain requirements before they'll give that to you. They are all different so I suggest looking on their website if you are interested.
Now, I have heard horror stories about AT&T taking weeks to give unlock codes to people. On T-Mobile's website, it even stated that it could be 2-3 business days, so I was not expecting anything to happen overnight. However, that is exactly what happened. The woman I talked to was extremely nice and at the end of our conversation stated that I would be getting an email with unlocking instructions in the next few days. The very next day, I received an email with an unlock code and instructions on how to use it. I could not be happier with how easy and hassle free T-Mobile made it to unlock my G2. The Un-Carrier is easily continuing to make strides in the mobile world.

No comments:

Post a Comment